HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENT PLAN
Our qualified and experienced Health & Safety Project managers provide a Complete Health, Safety & Risk Assessment and Method prior to commencement of the contract. We have continual site monitoring, for unforeseen hazards. Our proactive approach is made at various levels.
The purpose of this document is to establish a plan intended to minimize loss, meet regulatory compliance requirements and implement site safety regulations established byEmpire Demolishers CC.
2. References and Guidelines
Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993 – Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Disease Act 1993, Construction Regulations and Client Health & Safety Specifications.
3. Health & Safety Policy
The Principal Contractor is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for all personnel, contractors and visitors on site. We will strive to continually improve the effectiveness of the Health and Safety system through the setting and measurement of Health and Safety objectives and by conforming to current applicable Occupational Health and Safety Legislation.
- All employees working on our projects are of utmost importance to Empire DemolishersCC.
- The company ensures that all employees, clients, contractors, communities relative to which we operate are treated and conducted with care and respect.
- Every individual has the right to a safe and healthy working atmosphere and the right to return from work safely, without injury.
- We believe a safe and healthy environment is a common goal which can be achieved by dedication and joint effort made by all involved.
- We undertake to provide appropriate equipment and tools to provide a safe working environment.
- As an individual, everyone has the right and obligation to stop and correct an unsafe actor situation.
- The company will monitor and implement all directives of the Department of Health and Department of Labour.
- All hazardous waste materials and chemicals to be disposed of at a legal dumpsite in an environmentally safe way.